TERMS & CONDITIONS
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Guests canceling their tour up to 8 weeks prior, a full refund less the tour deposit [$400] will be refunded. If guests cancel a tour less that 8 weeks up until the pre-booked departure date, no refund will be given.
If guests wish to transfer their booking to another date this can be done up to 8 weeks prior only.
Should a participant/guest need to leave a tour once it has commenced, due to a medical emergency or any other reason, no refund, partial or in full, will be given.
Should we have to cancel a tour due to lack of numbers, guests will be given 30days notice. If we can’t offer you an alternative tour that would suit you, we will refund your payment in full.
We reserve the right to vary, cancel or postpone a tour due to unsafe conditions such as severe weather, floods, bush fires or sudden track closures. We reserve the right to cancel a tour, in whole or in part if it is necessary to do so due to a force majeure event.
COVID 19 – If you have booked a walk with us, and COVID 19 impacts on your ability to participate in the tour, you may postpone your booking for up to 2 years.
This applies to guests where COVID 19 Government policy has restricted your ability to travel, if you are diagnosed with COVID 19, or you have been instructed to quarantine. Guests will be allocated a booking credit voucher for any monies paid. That credit voucher may be used on a new booking for the same walk. Credit Vouchers are not redeemable for cash.
It is possible that we may have to cancel a tour due to conditions beyond our control (minimum numbers have not been met, severe weather, bushfires, Government park closures) etc.
We strongly recommend that suitable travel insurance be purchased by the traveller to cover any financial loss, due to your own cancellation, or if we has to cancel a tour.
We reserve the right to cancel a booking without notice, and if we can’t offer you an alternative tour that would suit you, we will refund your payment in full.
We will not be responsible for your travel expenses or losses arising from a cancellation. We also strongly recommend that comprehensive travel insurance be taken out against loss of baggage or any medical expenses.
At Tasmanian Hikes, we must ensure that all our tours meet current COVID-19 Public Health Standards.
must self-assess before attending a tour and fill out our COVID-19 Questionnaire.
You will not be allowed to attend a tour if you:
· Are supposed to be in quarantine
· Are showing any signs or symptoms of a cold or flu
· If in the last 14 days you have been unwell
· If in the last 14 days you have had contact with a known case of COVID-19, or anyone in quarantine
· Hand sanitiser will be provided
· Guests will be seated apart unless you are family members / partners, and you live together
· Face masks [PPE] will be provided in the vehicle for your use [not mandatory]
On our Walks:
· While walking out on the track please maintain a distance of 2 metres between yourself, staff and other guests
· At camps sanitizer will be provided
· At camps, keep well away from kitchens and food preparation areas
· Avoid sharing gear or equipment
· Be aware of your behaviour in shared areas – do not spread respiratory droplets, for example, coughing, sneezing or spitting